- Research Interest
- Selected Publications
- Social Activities
- Educational Activies
- Additional Information
|Research Field||Macroeconomics, Statistics|
|Research Summary||Empirical analysis on:
1. price stickiness;
2. the relationship between market structure and price adjustment mechanism;
3. purchasing power parity hypothesis;
4. the measurement of price indexes; and
5. compensating wage hypothesis
|Keywords||price, exchange rate, macroeconomics, statistics, econometrics|
Matsuoka, T. 2010. “Unobserved Heterogeneity in Price-Setting Behavior: a Duration Analysis Approach,” Japan and the World Economy, 22.
―. 2011. “Price Rigidity and Market Structure: Evidence from Japanese Scanner Data,” Research Center for Price Dynamics Working Paper Series, 71.
―. 2012. “Retail Price Stickiness, Market Structure and Distribution Channels,” Research Center for Price Dynamics Working Paper Series, 2012-4.
―. 2018. “Quantifying the Impact of Heavy Snowfall in February 2018 on Regional Industrial Production,” Fukui Prefectural University Economic and Business Studies, 39 (in Japanese).
―. 2021. “Value of Reducing the Risk of Work-Related Accidents: An Analysis Using Cohort Panel Data,” Economic Review (Kyoto University Economic Society), 195(4) (in Japanese).
|Classes||Statistics, Econometrics, Basic Seminar, Seminar I, Seminar II|
|Available Topics||1. Empirical methods: how to use SNA (national accounts of Japan) and price statistics such as consumer price index etc.
2. Statistics: duration analysis, goodness-of-fit tests, multivariate analysis etc.
3. Econometrics: time series analysis, microeconometrics etc.